Change is possible. It comes from within.
Harbour Light believes that every individual who asks for help and engages in our programs is one who deserves to:
• Be treated with dignity, respect, understanding and kindness
• Be affirmed in their freedom to choose and their ability to effect change
• Be part of their treatment planning, goals and decisions
• Be treated in a safe, comfortable and needs-fulfilling environment
• Be offered second chances and beyond
• Be assessed and met at their point of readiness
• Be treated as a whole person – biological, psychological, social and spiritual.
• Be engaged in relationships with treatment staff who highly regard and respect appropriate boundaries
• Be served by treatment staff who are compassionate, educated, skilled and bound by professional ethics, principles and standards
• Be provided treatment that is based on evidence-based/best practices and best fit; and marked by innovation, creativity, and excellence
• Be treated in a program that engages in continuous quality improvement and strives for excellence
• Be accompanied on their journey of recovery for as long as is needed
• Be exposed to the love of God by our example, in the context of the gift of choice that is from God.
• Be the recipient of the very best we have to offer
The 12 Steps
Our program is rooted in the 12 Steps. You will be provided with a step guide from your counsellor.
• In Phase 1 (90 Day Program), you will complete steps 1, 2, and 3
• In Phase 2, you will complete steps 4 and 5.
• In Phase 3, you will complete steps 6 to 12.
Clients are required to attend four (4) meetings each week, in-house or in the community. We encourage peer support for step work, and you are required to choose a sponsor to share your step work with. A step group is part of program on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.. You are also always welcome to bring up step work issues in your one-on-ones or in group.