You can help our wishes come true! Based on the feedback of our residents, guests, and staff, we keep a “wish list” of items that are most-needed, most-requested, or most-desired. If you can help make our wishes come true, we’d love to hear from you!
Large in-kind donations can be delivered via our Loading Dock, accessible off the alley north of 119 East Cordova Street, between 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. daily. On weekends, please call ahead to (604) 646-6816.
Questions about what we can accept? Please see the suggestions below!
In-Kind Wish List – Personal Items and Clothing
Please note we do not accept any toiletries that contain alcohol, such as mouthwash, aftershave, or hand sanitizer.
• Unopened basic toiletries (full- or travel-sized) such as toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, shampoo and conditioner, razors and shaving cream.
• New socks for adults
• New underwear, any style, for men or women
• “Hot hands”-style hand warmers
• Rain ponchos
• Feminine hygiene products, especially tampons
In-Kind Wish List – Program Supplies
• New or gently used fiction or non-fiction books
• Board games
• Art supplies, such as pastels, paints, paint brushes, pencil crayons, charcoals, canvas, sketch books, etc.
• Disposable/single-use or basic digital cameras for our Learning Centre’s photography class
• Adult-sized softball equipment, such as gloves, bats, and balls
Other In-Kind Items
Your neighbourhood Salvation Army Thrift Store is a great place to start for your in-kind donations, especially for clothing and small household goods. Find your local store here!
We work closely with other ministries of The Salvation Army and other non-profit partners around the Lower Mainland to collectively meet the needs of our community. For items we are not able to accept at Harbour Light, please consider one of these great resources! You can take comfort that our guests and clients are able to access support from these agencies, or that the specified items are more appropriate for these partner agencies.
• Furniture and Household Goods: Home Start Foundation
• Used clothing: Dress for Success or Working Gear
• Baby and children’s items: The Salvation Army’s Community & Family Services, Kate Booth House, or Sonia’s Cradle